Ruca Malen Malbec Reserva 2015
The vineyard planted in 1992 in Uco Valley is where 55% of the grapes come from. The trellis system is shot vertically. These grapes are harvested every third week of April. The remaining 45% comes from the grapes in Agrelo, Luján de Cuyo. The vineyards were planted in 1994, and harvests takes place every first week of April.
12 months in 80% French Oak and 20% American Oak, both 2nd and 3rd use.
Appearance: Intense ruby red with violet hues.
Aroma: On the nose we find jammy red fruit, especial plums, combined with hints of herbs and spices that provide freshness to the wine.
Palate: Concentrated and powerful on the palate, juicy, with a refreshing elegant acidity. Great structure and prolonged finish.
Pairings: Grilled red meat cuts, pasta with tomato based sauces, empanadas, and rissotto dishes
Bottle Closure: Cork
>> 91 Points - James Suckling 2013
>> 90 Points - Wine Advocate 2013
>> Gold Medal - Concours Mondaiai Bruxelles 2012